Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Small Surprises That Made My Day(s)

I recently had two completely wonderful and unexpected surprises happen with two of my Original ATC/ACEO’s.

Star Light
Firstly, last month I participated in a Theme Week project for an eBay Group (ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals) that I am a member of. This was the first time I had done this since I am new to the group and, well, new to the world of creating art - period. So, needless to say, I was blown away when one of my pieces, *Star Light*, was selected among the Top 5 Most Creative works. In the end, my piece finished 3rd - and I have been glowing ever since!
Love Is The Key
Then today, as I was preparing to add a photo to my EBSQ Portfolio, an image on the EBSQ Home Page caught my eye. I thought, "Wow, that looks a lot like part of my *Love Is The Key* ATC/ACEO. So I clicked on the article associated with the image and (ha!) there was my full piece featured with the article "Do you heart EBSQ?" with my name and link to my portfolio right there!

I have been giving this "artistic venture" a go for just about 2 months now and have always felt creatively challenged in the area of visual art. (I am much stronger and much more comfortable in the verbal realm.) That is why these "small surprises" mean so much to me and have given me and my creative confidence a bit of a boost.

The
ZNE Community has been so central to my efforts and such an amazing source of inspiration and support for me, I just wanted to share my news and say "Thank You!!" to them as well. Thanks to ZNE I am learning and trying many new things, stepping outside of my comfort zone(s), and best of all, I am doing so in the company of those whose work I admire and hope to someday equal in the level of quality and expression that I see there every single day!

So, once again, "Thank you ZNEers!" and "Yeah Me!"
~Hope
harvestorm creations

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=4544006f5583a35c4c9e78ad9e474438