Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mark My Words - With A Bookmark!

Whoo-hoo! I made a pretty little bookmark! It could actually be a bookmark or a gift tag or even a scrapbooking embellishment if it wanted to be. I'm trying to work on making things other than ACEO's and since the supplies for my upcoming venture into the world of altered art jewelry have yet to arrive, I decided to play around with making this little treasure.

So, how did I do it? I started by cutting a piece of cardstock to measure 2" x 5" and then cut and attached some gray distressed looking paper to both sides. Then I randomly stamped some scrolls on the front with both aqua and silver metallic inks. On top of that, I placed a clear sticker with a great quote from Todd Ruthman on it that reads: It is the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it's the little differences that make them interesting.


After that, I added some aqua colored rhinestones along the bottom and up on the top corners and inked the edges all the way around to help pull it all together. Finally, I made a little tassel of sorts from coordinating fibers and finished both sides with a matte sealant. All in all, I think it has a very nice look to it.

This One-Of-A-Kind bookmark is currenlty available in my Etsy shop, harvestorm creations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great that you still have time to do that...nice one ;)

ss_blog_claim=4544006f5583a35c4c9e78ad9e474438