Friday, April 4, 2008

April Showers Bring Clay Flowers

There’s a storm brewing in Virginia and you’d better be prepared because ... it’s raining clay!! Do you have any idea just how far-reaching the possibilities are for creating with Polymer Clay? I thought I had a pretty good idea ... and then I discovered the works of Stormy Designs.


Stormy Designs boasts Polymer Clay offerings of Designer Art Jewelry, Sculptures, and Accessories for your Body and Home. In addition, Stormy Designs also does custom work ~ creating designs made in your choice of colors and sizes. I have chosen to feature some of my favorite handcrafted, one-of-a-kind creations from Stormy Designs here for you to see.


Self-described as a “young” female Senior Citizen living in central Virginia with her dog and two ferrets, I was surprised to learn that the terrifically talented artist behind Stormy Designs only began working with polymer clay in April of 2007.


On the Stormy Designs website, she tells of how she was “pushed” into trying her hand in polymer clay by a dear friend of hers in Australia. She writes, “I am so glad that I listened to her because I love working with polymer clay.” Well, I’m glad she listened to her too, because had she not, the world would not have the opportunity it does to experience the wonder of the Polymer Clay creations available at Stormy Designs.

On her Blog, Stormy goes on to write: “I have found that I love sculpting mostly. There’s just something about forming that lump of clay into something like a flower or a dragon. I love using inclusions like spices and glitter in my clay and experimenting with textures and techniques. The medium is SO versatile and SO much fun to work with.” Can't you just hear the booming of Stormy's creative thunder in that statement?


And, right now Stormy Designs is offering what I like to think of as a rainbow of sorts to its customers. Throughout the month of April, Stormy Designs is running an April Showers Sale with 10% off the purchase of 1 item ~ 20% off the purchase of 2 items ~ 30% off the purchase of 3 items ~ and 40% off the purchase of 4 or more items. Plus, you get a FREE GIFT with each order AND Stormy Designs now offers FREE SHIPPING to the U.S. and Canada!


So grab your galoshes and ride the storm out over at the Stormy Designs Blog, Etsy Shop or Website. You never know ... you may just find a fabulous polymer clay treasure that will have you singing in the rain!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=4544006f5583a35c4c9e78ad9e474438