Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ebullient Expression In Blue

This week's Blog Carnival topic for us EtsyBloggers is "Bull" ... anything to do with bull: the animal bull, something with the characteristics of a bull, the word bull, or words that contain the word bull ... in this case e-bull-ient. The word ebullient means zestfully enthusiastic, full of joy, or unrestrained high spirits.

Playtime Mixed Media CollageDuring my exploration of last month's ZNE Book Club selection, Collage Unleashed, by Traci Bautista, I created a washed photocopy collage which I titled Playtime. I created this piece as a reflection of my feelings of childhood. Because of the playful and energetic spirit of this piece, I found ebullient to be an appropriate description for it and therefore a perfect choice for this particular Blog Carnival theme.

The various elements included in this collage were inspired by the things that I do when I want to reconnect with my inner child: sing, wish, adventure, dream, imagine, dance, love, play, explore, and laugh. I chose to use bright colors to reflect the boldness I associate with being a kid (and is not boldness a characteristic commonly associated with bulls as well?).

Playtime has already sold, but I wanted to share it with you here just the same in the hopes that the joyful mood that it awoke in me might also be stirred in you. I really did have a great time working on ... or should I say “playing with” this e-bull-ient piece!

2 comments:

storybeader said...

that was a very unique use of the word bull. BTW, I like your Ebullient Expression {:-D

joeyandaleethea said...

That was such an interesting read and your collage is very beautiful.

ss_blog_claim=4544006f5583a35c4c9e78ad9e474438