Monday, September 8, 2008

I Wish I May ... I Wish I Might

If you were able to be granted one wish (now think about this a bit before answering) just one wish for anything at all, what would it be?

Now, don’t think me selfish or uncompassionate for not choosing to create world peace, or to end poverty and suffering of all sorts, or to eliminate the ever increasing digital divide, etc. This is more of a self-discovery question. I am doing this to learn more about myself. You know, like an exercise in increasing self-awareness.

Initially, I thought I would wish for that oh-so-desired "happily ever after," but then I thought more about it and decided that that does not technically qualify as a "wish" in my book. To me, a wish is something that cannot be achieved, received or accomplished ever, at all, by any means whatsoever, thereby leaving it only possible to occur through the granting of a wish. I feel it necessary to note here that there is a difference between a "wish" and a "desire," just as I am obsessively aware of the difference between "want" and "need." (The whole want v. need thing is a whole another story for me…) And besides, my life, as it stands, is already pretty amazing - so why waste my one wish on something that I may already have?

So what would it be then……If I had only one wish it would be for there to always be music in my life. I don't just mean the ability to listen to music... I want the music to play during my life like in the movies.

When I'm scared - I want that creepy, scary music in the background. When I'm rushed and running around like crazy - I want that traditional circus/carnival theme music to play. When I'm feeling mischievous and am secretly planning a way to show someone how much they are appreciated - I want to hear the Mission Impossible theme. You get the point.

Now, granted, I do all of this in my mind already, but I want it for real. But, being the flexible person I consider myself to be… I am willing to compromise. When I listen to music it is primarily the lyrics that I connect with the most. But I'm not asking for an all out soundtrack here... I'd settle for an instrumental score. Oh, how I would enjoy that!

Music is the essence of my being. I exclude no style whatsoever in that statement. I'm not saying that I am passionate about every piece of music ever created, but if you're looking for specific genres - I can pretty much guarantee that I have great feelings towards and an appreciation for some song, artist, or group within the selected category (yes, even a little bit of country.) I did grow up in Texas, after all – what do you expect?

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=4544006f5583a35c4c9e78ad9e474438